BUILT CoLAB is one of the entities that participate in the Working Groups of the Portuguese Commission of Geotechnics in Transport. Its presence aims to analyze the theme Digitization in The Geotechnics of Transport.
BUILT CoLAB is represented by Paulo Fonseca (Executive Director) and will have the intervention of the AI Team (Artificial Intelligence team), led by Manuel Parente (Head of AI), who will contribute with their expertise and knowledge to the discussion and achievement of the objectives of this working group, namely to promote and disseminate the theme of digitization in the field of Geotechnics in Transport, in the most relevant aspects for the sector:
- BIM (Building Information Modelling) in collaborative design of transport infrastructures.
- Digital Twins and optimization models in the construction and service phases.
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data throughout its useful life.
- Sensorization, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, and data security.
- 4D building models and laser-based scan point clouds.
- Simulation and virtual/augmented reality.
- Smart infrastructures and smart cities.
- Organize and participate in technical-scientific events related to the theme of the GT.
- Organize and participate in dissemination and training actions.
- Develop and disseminate technical-scientific documentation.
You can find more information about the Working Groups here.